5/24/11

What types of excercise can I do after Appendicitis surgery?

What types of excercise can I do after Appendicitis surgery?
My surgeon suggested that I don't excercise for about a month, but that it was okay to do walking. I want to do more than just walking but I'm afraid.

Posted by BabeHeart
If your surgeon said only walking, then only walk. I'm no doctor but I would imagine you'd want to do nothing to put any kind of strain on the area where the surgery took place.

Take your doc's advice. You don't want to do something wrong because somebody on Y!A told you to...your doc is a Doctor because s/he went to medical school for years. Don't mess around with your health.

You'll be able to do more before long...have patience. That month will fly by.

Posted by bblbb646
I would suggest listening to a medical expert. Unless you really want to exercise, than maybe you could take the random advice of a stranger from Yahoo Answers.

Posted by Jimithy ™
Nope. Just take it easy for a month. That's not that long. You need time to heal, walking excessively can do more damage.

Posted by luvracing_jeff24
WHATEVER THE DOCTOR SAYS. do not try if u r afraid. Listen to the doctor he or she knows best. Because it is thier job.

Posted by Belgariad
General walking around and doing your chores yes. But you have to wait until the incision heals.

What do you think? Answer below! More vigorous exercise can help improve fitness of the heart and lungs, which can provide even more consistent benefits for lowering heart disease risk. ... Exercise Fitness Blog


Orignal From: What types of excercise can I do after Appendicitis surgery?

No comments:

Post a Comment